TIAC is pleased to announce details of the inaugural Tourism Town Hall series, a collection of open meetings between TIAC, the Canadian Tourism Commission and grassroots tourism stakeholders.
These FREE interactive sessions are intended to provide you with unparalleled insight on how TIAC and the CTC are working to grow the visitor economy. The open forum also provides a unique opportunity for you to share your ideas on how we can make Canada’s tourism industry more competitive.
Two successful Tourism Town Hall meetings have already been held, last November in the Okanagan and this past January 16 in Niagara Falls. The recent Niagara Falls session drew more than 70 participants, including tourism and hospitality business operators, tourism marketers, travel industry employees, government stakeholders, and local media.
TIAC would like to thank Niagara Falls M.P.P. Kim Craitor, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport as well as the Hon. Jim Bradley, M.P.P. for St. Catharines, Ontario Deputy Government House Leader & Minister of the Environment for their participation.
The tentative schedule has been set for the remainder of the series:
- March 6, 2013 - Charlottetown - Confederation Centre of the Arts
- March 19, 2013 - Fredericton - Crowne Plaza Fredericton
- March 20, 2013 - Halifax - Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview
- March 21, 2013 - St. John's - Holiday Inn St. John's Government Centre Hotel
- March 26, 2013 - Montréal -InterContinental Montreal
- June 10, 2013 - Winnipeg - Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown
- June 11, 2013 - Regina - TBD
- June 12, 2013 - Calgary - Holiday Inn Calgary-Macleod Trail South
- June 13, 2013 - Whitehorse - TBD
The sessions are jointly hosted by TIAC and the CTC and presented by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and WestJet. All are welcome and invited to attend.