A dedicated committee of tourism industry leaders, led by TIAC, and representing all sectors of the Tourism Economy across Canada have developed a 2021 Tourism Recovery Plan. This new plan builds on the learnings and experience from the last 11 months.
In this plan, recommendations are outlined under the following three themes:
- Supporting Business Solvency
- Championing Safety
- Keeping Canada Globally Competitive
Recommendations are also based on the following phases:
- Response – Government support for business solvency is vital and ongoing
- Recovery – Government investments are required to stimulate business recovery, to encourage Canadians to explore Canada and to keep Canada competitive on the global stage
- Resilience – Government investments and commitments support tourism growth, sustainability and resilience
With government support, we can plan for the survival of the industry and recover our competitive position at the global level.
The full report has been shared with Members of Parliament and is available for download at tourismcounts.ca.
Please show your support by sending a letter to your Member of Parliament advocating for the sector specific supports outlined in our recovery plan. Simply enter your postal code and a letter will automatically populate for your local Member of Parliament.
It is the powerful collective voice and support of our membership that will strengthen our advocacy initiatives.