Every year, we conduct a member survey to hear about the issues impacting our members and gauge their top priorities.
The survey results allow us to measure our success in delivering on our organizational objectives and in meeting member needs.
The 2019 Member Survey was well-received garnering an above-average response rate showing that our members want their voices heard.
On behalf of TIAC, we thank everyone who completed the survey. We value your feedback and consider every comment as we take stock of the past year. Results are used to help guide our priorities and future member activities.
Key findings from the survey:
Regardless of Membership Type or Sector, the member benefits with the greatest value are:
- Advocacy (TIAC is responsible for representing tourism interests at the national level, and its advocacy work involves promoting and supporting policies, programs and activities that benefit the sector's growth and development.)
- Industry Updates & Communication (TIAC delivers an association newsletter “TIAC TALK” highlighting industry information, as well as frequent press releases, keeping the industry up-to-date with information and “news they can use”.
- Business/Operational Savings (TIAC is committed to securing partners who deliver unique opportunities for members as well as programs to save them money).
Regardless of Membership Type or Sector, the industry-related topics of most interest to members are (in no particular order):
- Canada and China Relationship
- Marketing Budget and Funding
Regardless of Membership Type or Sector, the issues limiting growth for tourism businesses (from most to least important) are:
- Cost Competitiveness
- 81% of respondents attended a TIAC event in the past year
- Email is the preferred method of communication for the majority of TIAC members
- 43% of members follow TIAC on social media
We appreciate your input. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Jennifer Taylor, Vice-President, Marketing & Member Relations at 902-698-0984 or firstname.lastname@example.org.