Province: Calgary, Denver or Vancouver, Alberta
Position: Senior Director, Sales
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Posted: June 15, 2022
Job Description / Duties
SENIOR DIRECTOR, SALES
This is a full-time, benefitted role including a 20% sales bonus opportunity!
Hybrid work environment.
Help us connect our guests to iconic, unforgettable and inspiring travel experiences.
As a key member of the Sales Leadership Team, the Senior Director of Sales is responsible for enabling the growth of our business by driving Global Travel Trade sales revenue and effectively managing a team of driven travel trade salespeople to meet or exceed established goals.
What will you do in this job?
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans to meet or exceed annual targets
• Manage and motivate a sales team to meet or exceed established targets
• Assist with recruiting, onboarding and training of new and existing sales team members
• Work with Sales Operations team members to develop multiple sales targets and ensure appropriate performance measurements
• Understand the competitive sales landscape, global market trends, forecasting strategies
• Create and maintain strong business relationships with key sales client stakeholders
Qualifications / Required Skills
What skills and experience do you need ?
• At least 5 years of International Travel Trade sales management experience is required
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent sales/work experience required
• Minimum of 5 years’ broad-based sales management experience with a track record of sales leadership success required
• Experience working in a Shared Service/Matrix organization an asset
• Knowledge of Salesforce or Delphi.fdc (CRM) an asset
• Functional knowledge and ability using MS Office tools (eg: Teams, Excel, Word, PPT) required
What you’ll need to bring?
• Strong commitment to working as a team and ability to foster strong working relationships
• Self-motivated and independent mindset
• Ability to grow, adapt and change as needed to meet the needs of the business
• Ability to work within a geographically diverse team in a broad range of time zones
• Resourceful, adaptable, resilient, and having a strong sense of self-awareness
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to manage change and motivate teams
• Culture-forward focus, with an eye on improving employee engagement
• Reputation as an unwavering role model
• Strong sense of urgency
• A natural drive and curiosity about the business and what “could be…”
This list describes at a high level what this job requires, but no job description can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. Pursuit reserves the right to adjust, reduce, add, or change job tasks as needed for the success of the business.
This job is based in Calgary, Alberta, Denver, CO, or Vancouver, BC. Current, legal ability to work in Canada or the US will be required. Ability to travel in both the US and Canada will be required. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status may be required for some travel or attendance at business meetings.
Salary: $120,000-$130,000 DOE
or contact email@example.com
Pursuit is a global attractions and hospitality company that connects guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable and inspiring experiences and strives to become the world’s leading provider of iconic attractions and hospitality experiences. Pursuit generates revenue and shareholder value as one of two business units operated by Viad, an S&P SmallCap 600 international experiential services company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol VVI.
Pursuit’s mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences. We deliver rich travel experiences to the global market through our unique hotels and lodges, recreational attractions, retail, food and beverage, sightseeing, tours and travel products. Today, the company enjoys strong perennial demand with operations in or adjacent to Banff, Jasper and Waterton Lakes National Parks in Canada; Glacier, Denali, and Kenai Fjords National Parks in the United States; and our Flyover attractions, FlyOver Canada in Vancouver, B.C. and FlyOver Iceland in Reykjavik, and FlyOver Las Vegas in Nevada. In May, 2021 we celebrated the grand opening of the Sky Lagoon, a premier oceanfront geothermal lagoon experience near Reykjavik, Iceland. New FlyOver attractions in Chicago, IL and Toronto, ON are anticipated in 2024. Through its Refresh-Build-Buy strategy, Pursuit is continuing its growth trajectory into new iconic locations around the world.