Province: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Position: Public Relations Manager
Deadline: October 21, 2020
Posted: October 7, 2020
Job Description / Duties
The ideal candidate will have experience in the travel/tourism industry and be an authentic P.R. Wizard who is creative, savvy, and results-driven. Super-hero level interpersonal and relationship-building skills are an absolute must, as this role will regularly coordinate with key partners and stakeholders.
Here’s what this new role will be responsible for:
- Spawning & implementing measurable and engaging story ideas and content, including media pitches, blog posts, ad copy, press releases, etc. to support marketing initiatives; maintaining a consistent brand voice and content relevant to each medium and platform
- Creating and distributing media kits and maintaining online media hub with fresh content
- Developing and executing media and influencer visits, including creating itineraries, arranging travel, and hosting
- Actively monitoring media and incoming requests, and responding accordingly
- Analyzing and reporting on all media and communications activities, objectives, and accomplishments
Qualifications / Required Skills
We’d love to talk to you more about this opportunity if you have:
- 3+ years relevant industry experience liaising with the media, producing, and pitching stories, writing press releases, and delivering robust PR campaigns
- Degree in Marketing or Public Relations
- Strong computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in Meltwater (an asset)
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy
- Superior speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced yet highly organized environment, follow through and re-prioritize to meet deadlines on multiple projects
Apply Here if you would like to be considered for Niagara Falls Tourism’s new Public Relations Manager role. Please include resume and a cover letter that outlines why you believe you ARE the leading candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
Niagara Falls, Ontario is an iconic global tourist destination that typically boasts 14 million visitors a year. Representing over 400 tourism-based businesses, Niagara Falls Tourism (NFT) operates as a non-profit organization and works across consumer and business channels to foster the growth of tourism throughout the City of Niagara Falls and surrounding areas.