posted on July 6, 2023
BE PREPARED: Here are some sample questions you may be asked by a Capital provider that you need to be able to answer:
- How do you plan to use the capital?
- Who are your top 3 competitors?
- What's the company's Unique Value Proposition – what makes your company great?
- How big is the opportunity - what's the market opportunity – locally, regionally, nationally etc…?
- Do you have a pitch deck? Or at least a one-pager or teaser?
- What are your top 3 risks right now? Can you discuss your plan to address them (the mitigants)? To be clear, you don't need to solve everything; however, you better be able to address the big ones.
- Can you provide us with your capitalization table?
- Do you have any other debt against the company?
- Do you have any other investors? (Please describe who they are and where they reside)
- What will happen to the company if you do not get the capital you are seeking?