TIAC’s Advocacy Update
- TIAC has launched a new letter writing campaign, and we need your help reaching politicians across Canada to send the message that #TourismMatters and we need support now.
- Visit www.TourismMatters.ca and click 'Send Your Letter' to ask your MP to support the tourism industry through COVID-19 recovery efforts.
- We ask business leaders to also encourage their staff and suppliers to send a letter as well – every voice counts!
- On Monday evening, TIAC, in coordination with a large contingency of industry stakeholders and many provincial partners, sent letters to all Canadian provincial and territorial Premiers and Ministers responsible for tourism.
- The letters stressed the importance of a cooperative approach between federal and provincial governments to take immediate steps to coordinate and facilitate the restart of Canada's visitor economy.
- The letter was signed by many organizations including TIAC, Canadian Gaming Association, BC Chamber of Commerce, Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, International Air Transport Association, InnVest Hotels, Marriott Hotels of Canada/Marriott International, Tourism Toronto, Toronto Board of Trade, TIABC, Fogo Island Inn, Hotel Association of Canada, Porter Airlines, Business Council of Canada, Transat A.T Inc., Tourisme Montréal, Greater Montreal Chamber of Commerce, Germain Hotels, Canada's Accredited Zoos and Aquariums, Canadian Airports Council, Accor, National Airlines Council of Canada, Meetings Mean Business Canada, Association of Canadian Travel Agencies, Chorus Aviation Inc., Rocky Mountaineer, Air Canada and WestJet.