Province: Markham, Ontario
Position: Stakeholder Relation Coordinator
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Posted: June 23, 2022
About Destination Markham
The Destination Markham Corporation (DMC) is an arm’s length municipal corporation founded as the destination management organization (DMO) for the City of Markham.
Destination Markham’s purpose is to promote Markham as a remarkable destination for visitors, including tourists, sport and festival attendees, meeting, and conference delegates, and business travelers.
The key tourism objectives are to research, develop, market, and grow Markham’s tourism/visitor economy. DMC collaborates with Markham’s hotel & hospitality industry, festival-event conference-travel planners, attraction operators, cultural institutions, sports tourism promoters, entertainment and recreation providers, food service businesses and the City of Markham.
The Stakeholder Relations Coordinator (SRC) plays an integral role within Destination Markham Corporation by developing and sustaining key relationships (both B2B and B2C) to stimulate the visitor economy in Markham.
This role reports to the DMC City Lead, and collaborates with the DMC Business Manager and Marketing Team. The SRC is responsible for leading and executing DMC’s initiatives aligned with DMC’s strategic business plan related to stakeholder and business outreach and relationships, business equipping, research and industry intelligence and CRM management. The MSRC oversees the daily activities of the DMC Ambassadors, Marketing Assistant and Database Administrator.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement stakeholder relations plan according to DMC strategic and business priorities.
- Liaison, building and stewardship of relationships with key business stakeholders and stakeholder groups of the visitor economy: hotels, F&B and other hospitality businesses and organizations, sports, leisure and cultural properties, events, meetings, conferences, attractions, BIA’s, business clusters and associations.
- Develop and implement business-equipping initiatives, workshops/education programs, communications, and opportunities in response to current business and industry priorities.
- Establish support through help line and chat room on the DMC web platform.
- Update business resources and toolkit information such as policies, grants, and programs.
- Communicate with the marketing agency to update the DMC website and information regarding stakeholders and new DMC initiatives
- Assist business manager to complete reports required by government agencies for various grant program.
DMC Ambassadors Program
- Develop, implement and coordinate priorities and work plan for the ambassadors’ program, aligned with DMC business plan.
- Recruit, onboard, supervise and coordinate the work of DMC’s Ambassadors.
- Develop, implement, and operate a multi-lingual online and telephone support service (help line, email, and chat box) and establish DMC’s “concierge” service.
CRM and Database Management/Research
- Coordinate the collection of industry data and trends from industry associations, Markham businesses and other secondary sources, including primary research initiatives.
- Maintain and grow DMC’s B2B and B2C database and oversee the CRM system.
- Assist and liaise with IDSS in providing administrative support for CRM tasks and the integration of marketing data
- Coordinate with Marketing Agency for all upcoming promotions and programs aligned with government grants, programs and other initiatives
- Support corporate communications
- Research, develop and support marketing initiatives
- Communicate with the Ambassadors and provide support for marketing initiatives
- Coordinate marketing related activities related to stakeholder’s programs/partnerships
- Work with DMC Manager and marketing agency to ensure support, awareness and promotion of DMC programs and ambassadors initiatives.
- Develop and monitor metrics and key performance indicators for the various initiatives related to stakeholder relations business and ambassadors program.
- Establish B2B and B2C informal communication processes and tools
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in tourism and hospitality, marketing, sales, public relations and/or communications.
- College/University degree in business, tourism and hospitality, marketing or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of program delivery in-person and virtually on Zoom (or equivalent)
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Excellent customer service skill
- Excellent attention to detail, coordination and time management skill
- General knowledge of social media marketing platforms (IG, Facebook, Twitter)
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required
- Fluency in additional language(s) is considered an asset
- Experience with a CRM system is considered an asset
- Presentations to various stakeholders requiring standing and orator capabilities
- Valid driver’s license to commute to various stakeholder sites
- On-demand to respond to after hour communication issues and/or requests
- Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
HOW TO APPLY
The Talent Company is our recruitment partner and please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Destination Markham Corporation offers a competitive compensation based on the experience and proven track record.
Destination Markham Corporation will require 3 references.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Destination Markham is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building and maintaining collaborative, caring and positive work environments so that our employees bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or disability.
The Destination Markham is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Destination Markham is dedicated to being a great place to work and to take care of our people. The health and wellbeing of our employees and customers is our top priority in this unprecedented time. We have been following the guidelines of the Ontario Ministry of Health and will continue to do so. Employees will be expected to provide proof of vaccination and maintain fully vaccinated status. Before arriving onsite for an interview, please discuss our health and safety protocols related to interviewing.