Province: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Position: Director of Marketing
Deadline: July 26, 2023
Posted: June 28, 2023
Job Description / Duties
As the Destination Marketing and Management Organization for Cape Breton Island, Destination Cape Breton is dedicated to driving year-round and sustainable growth for Cape Breton Island through destination marketing, tourism product development and overall destination development consistent with the 2030 Vision in the #RiseAgain2030 Destination Development Strategy.
The Director of Marketing will work diligently to lead and mentor the marketing team to ensure the delivery of high-quality, brand-focused content and advertising. This individual is an exemplary representative of the destination, an effective relationship builder, and a highly capable marketer with the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, thriving on daily challenges.
Essential Job Functions:
* Participate in strategic planning with the Destination Cape Breton team to establish goals and set priorities for the organization.
* Provide leadership and strategic direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative marketing strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
* Develop and execute Destination Cape Breton’s annual marketing plan and provide leadership and direction in the most effective mix of marketing tactics to maximize exposure for Cape Breton Island in targeted markets.
* Provide leadership, direction and oversight to the marketing team.
* Lead the Cape Breton Island brand and maintain brand standards to ensure compliance across
all marketing channels.
* Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and agencies.
* Gather and analyze research findings to inform marketing planning.
* Manage an annual marketing budget and report on marketing campaigns including both paid and earned media, traditional print ads, digital, print and online collateral, and content creation.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Qualifications or Relevant Experience
* Post-secondary degree in marketing or business is preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in a marketing role.
* Experience in and knowledge of the tourism industry is an asset.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience in brand strategy development and strategic planning.
* Well-rounded understanding of all aspects of marketing ranging from traditional to modern marketing including content marketing, social media strategy and advertising.
* Excellent writing ability tailored to a variety of audiences.
* Budget management experience.
* A positive, solution-oriented and professional attitude.
* Proactive, self-motivated and results-focused.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
* Proven experience and ability to manage web presences, including websites, social media channels, review sites, etc.
* Excellent time management skills including the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
* Must be available to travel as required to meet marketing goals, including internationally if required.
Put your marketing talents and passion to work to promote the #1 Island in North America!
Imagine a dynamic career-inspiring visitation to Cape Breton Island / Unama’ki, one of the most spectacular places on the planet. Imagine working in a creative, collaborative and supportive team in a hybrid work setting. And imagine it all with a competitive salary, great benefits and professional growth opportunities. If you fit that picture, you might be the right candidate to be the next Director of Marketing at Destination Cape Breton.
The Director of Marketing will work diligently to lead and mentor the marketing team to ensure the delivery of high-quality, brand-focused content, advertising and communications for Cape Breton Island / Unama’ki. This individual is an exemplary representative of the destination, an effective relationship builder and a highly capable marketer with the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, thriving on daily challenges.
If you have the experience, personality and drive to complement Destination Cape Breton’s dynamic team in this role, please send a cover letter and resume that highlights how you meet the qualifications outlined in the job description. Resumes will be accepted for this position until 5:00 pm Atlantic on Wednesday, July 26, 2023.
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the stated qualifications and relevant experience and is expected to be in the range of $70,000 to $85,000.
Resumes and inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
Destination Cape Breton is the official Destination Marketing and Management Organization for Cape Breton Island.
An incorporated non-profit society, DCB’s mandate is to grow Cape Breton’s tourism industry through destination marketing and tourism product innovation.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity:
Destination Cape Breton is located in Unama’ki, one of the seven districts of Mi’kma’ki, the unceded and ancestral territory of the Mi’kmaw People. As a leader in the tourism sector on Cape Breton Island, we strive to foster and maintain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment where all individuals are respected, valued and empowered to reach their full potential. We are committed to creating a culture that recognizes and embraces the unique differences and similarities of our employees,
customers, and partners, and leverages these differences to drive innovation, growth and success. We pledge to actively seek out and include diverse perspectives in our decision-making and to take action to address any forms of discrimination, bias and inequality that may exist within our organization. As a leader in the tourism sector, we will continuously learn, grow and work toward creating a workplace and customer experience that is inclusive for all.