SDG Decade of Action Planning - Cohort 7
2023 May 3
This program includes two workshops:
- Workshop 1: Wednesday, May 3
- Workshop 2: Friday, June 2
A program for tourism businesses and organizations to develop their own sustainability plan based on the UN SDGs.
The program includes an introduction to the UN SDGs and tourism, and a deep dive into what types of action businesses can take to support each of the 17 goals. A Decade of Action Plan template is provided to each organisation followed by a series of one-on-one coaching calls to support the businesses in aligning their values to the SDGs, engaging staff, identifying key actions, setting meaningful goals and pulling it all together in a 10-year action plan.
- All sizes and types of tourism businesses and destinations.
- Entry level / Beginner & Intermediate.
- Clear understanding of UN SDGs and how they relate to tourism.
- Learn to align SDGs with existing sustainability efforts.
- A custom Decade of Action Plan.
- Tools & resources for engaging team and creating capacity for change.
- Best practices for using SDGs to amplify sustainability stories and messaging.
- Sense of community, comradery, and peer accountability.