With Budget 2022 quickly approaching, we need your help. Your participation over the next few weeks will be essential to our success.
As we look forward to a summer season absent of public health and travel restrictions, the sector’s work building forward is just beginning.
Last summer, the Government of Canada launched the Tourism Growth Strategy Consultation to help our industry, which was uniquely the hardest hit by the pandemic. Throughout the summer, we engaged members to gather input on what the government should focus on in the Tourism Growth Strategy to achieve its goals of increasing growth, investment, and stability.
The Tourism Growth Strategy is critically important to the future of our sector. We need to ensure that it is made a priority by the Government and that the Strategy is adequately financed via the coming Budget.
As part of this consultation, the Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses submitted a report to the Government outlining four key pillars needed to increase growth, investment, and stability in the Tourism sector:
- Attracting and retaining a sustainable workforce;
- Improving access for visitors to and within Canada;
- Developing and promoting tourism assets;
- Building a regenerative and inclusive industry.
You can read the submission here.
This spring, the Tourism Growth Strategy is set to be released, and we need support from members like you because our voices are louder together.
We need to ensure that Members of Parliament across the country prioritize tourism in Budget 2022.
How can you help?
- Pick up the phone and call your MP! Find your member of Parliament here.
- Send your letter now! Enter your details below and hit send!
- Use social media to spread the word about the importance of tourism. #HardestHit
- Scroll down for social shareables and content to repurpose.
Help amplify the Coalition’s message to the Government of Canada by downloading the social media shareables below and sharing it on your social media channels with the following messaging:
- The Tourism Growth Strategy is critically important to the future of our sector. We need to ensure that this is made a priority by the Government and that the Strategy is adequately financed via the upcoming Budget. Send your letter of support here. #StayWithUs #Budget2023 #CdnPoli
- The sector aligned on four key pillars of action that are needed to achieve our shared goals of increasing growth, investment, and stability for the sector. Read our full submission here. #StayWithUs #Budget2023 #CdnPoli
- Tourism matters - it’s how we share our values, ideals, and culture with the world. It’s time to prioritize the growth of our sector. Send your letter of support here. #StayWithUs #Budget2023 #TourismCounts #CdnPoli
Don’t forget to tag the Coalition, TIAC and HAC on your post and your Member of Parliament (find your MP here). Together our voices are stronger!