posted on December 17, 2021
During its recent annual general meeting, Meetings Mean Business Canada (MMBC) welcomed an updated Board of Directors and Executive Team for 2022 and 2023. As Canada’s meetings and business events industry moves forward, MMBC’s advocacy efforts will benefit immensely from the decades of executive experience offered by the leadership team and newly convened board.
Two-year terms for Board members as well as the Executive Team began immediately following MMBC’s annual general meeting, held in Ottawa on November 29, 2021.
Laura Pallotta takes on responsibility as Chair of the Executive Team after having served two years as Vice Chair. Clark Grue moves from Chair into the Past Chair position. Minto Schneider joins the Executive Team as Vice Chair, as does Jeff Nearing, who was appointed Secretary Treasurer. Grant Snider remains on the Executive Team in the newly created role of VP Membership & Engagement.
Executive Team 2022 – 2023
- Chair: Laura Pallotta, Regional Vice President, Sales and Distribution – Canada Region for Marriott International
- Vice Chair: Minto Schneider, CEO, Explore Waterloo Region
- Past Chair: Clark Grue, President & CEO, Rainmaker Global Business Development
- Secretary Treasurer: Jeff Nearing, Vice President Sales, Discover Halifax
- VP Membership & Engagement: Grant Snider, President & CEO, Meeting Escrow Inc.
MMBC Board of Directors, 2022 – 2023
- Jennifer Allaby, Executive Director, Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM)
- Scott Beck, President & CEO, Destination Toronto
- David Campbell, Managing Director, Encore Canada
- Lorenz Hassenstein, President & CEO, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
- Angie Pfeifer, Vice President, IGM Field and Corporate Event Marketing, IG Wealth Management
- Laura Purdy, General Manager, Exhibition Place, Toronto
- Barry Smith, Executive Director, Convention Centres Canada
- Jennifer Spear, President & Creative Strategist, Clean Slate Strategies
- Debbie van der Beek, President & Publisher, Ignite and ADRENALIN magazines
- David Woodward, Executive Director, Meetings & Conventions, Tourism Calgary