Message from the President & CEO > Message from the President & CEO – Feb. 7, 2023
As we look forward to a spring and summer season without public health and travel restrictions, the sector’s work building forward is just beginning. Last summer, the Government of Canada launched the Tourism Growth Strategy Consultation to help our industry, which was uniquely the hardest hit by the pandemic.
The Tourism Growth Strategy is critically important to the future of our sector. We need to ensure that this is made a priority by the Government and that the Strategy is adequately financed via the upcoming Budget.
I am asking you for your help.
You can read our submission here, which outlines the four key pillars of action that are needed to achieve our shared goals of increasing growth, investment, and stability for the sector:
- Attracting and retaining a sustainable workforce;
- Improving access for visitors to and within Canada;
- Developing and promoting tourism assets;
- Building a regenerative and inclusive industry.
Your participation is essential to our success.
Remember: our voices are stronger together. We need to ensure that Members of Parliament across the country prioritize tourism in Budget 2023.
How can you help? There are two quick ways:
- Send a pre-written letter to your Member of Parliament. It takes just one click to do so!
- Download and share the images and messaging available here on your social media.
We need you to join us in our campaign to ensure that our sector is prioritized in Budget 2023.
President & CEO
Tourism Industry Association of Canada