Province: Oujé-Bougoumou, Quebec
Position: Executive Director
Deadline: February 25, 2022
Posted: February 15, 2022
Job Description / Duties
WORKPLACE LOCATION: Remote work and/or at the agency office
We are looking for a rare gem… could it be you?
Do you stand out for your passion at work? Do you identify as a natural born leader? Are you a visionary person, always looking for new challenges? If so, join a young and dynamic team, and help us showcase the unique destination of Eeyou Istchee Baie-James!
What the job is… in a nutshell
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the agency's mission, activities and day-to-day operations. His primary responsibilities are general management, human resources, communication and collaboration with local partners involved in travel and trade. The Director also ensures sound management of finances, administration, development, and implementation of all projects as per the objectives and priorities of the organization.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Action- and result-oriented, analytical and critical-thinking skills, decision-making ability and sound judgment;
- Skilled and interested in diversification of sources of financing, financial arrangements and with a participation in various regional tourism projects;
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in French and English, knowledge of Cree is a strong asset;
- Ease with online technologies and strong computer skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Eeyou Istchee Baie-James region and government structure;
- Available for travel within and beyond the region.
Salary: According to experience and current salary scale
Human Resource Management
205 Opemiska Meskino C.P. 1167
Oujé-Bougoumou, Qc, G0W 3C0
Our mission is to make it easier to plan visits to the EIBJ region for all travellers, travel agencies, destination management companies, and international tour operators. We also train and support local tourism entrepreneurs to help develop and structure the regional market as well as its distribution network, while assisting the various service providers in developing their skills and knowledge of the industry.