Province: Markham, Ontario
Position: Executive Administration Assistant
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Posted: June 23, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Destination Markham Cooperation is currently looking for an Executive Administrative Assistant to be the supportive force that empowers the leadership team. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. He/She will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to the management. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With a primary responsibility of supporting the Leadership Team, provide support to the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently
• Maintain and refine internal processes that support the City Lead, Business Manager and other staff to expedite workflow
• Manage communication between management and staff, liaising with internal and external partners on various projects/events
• Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the management priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld
• Manage professional and personal scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
• Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives
• Manage, coordinate, and arrange senior executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination
• Perform administrative and office support, such as taking minutes, spreadsheet management, responding to DMC program related inquiries, and maintenance of filing system
• Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
• Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Experience overseeing invoice management
• Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
• 5 years’ experience in administrative role
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
• Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
• Ability to keep company confidences
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Destination Markham is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building and maintaining collaborative, caring and positive work environments so that our employees bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or disability.
The Destination Markham is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Destination Markham is dedicated to being a great place to work and to take care of our people. The health and wellbeing of our employees and customers is our top priority in this unprecedented time. We have been following the guidelines of the Ontario Ministry of Health and will continue to do so. Employees will be expected to provide proof of vaccination and maintain fully vaccinated status. Before arriving onsite for an interview, please discuss our health and safety protocols related to interviewing.
Salary: Destination Markham Corporation offers a competitive compensation based on the experience and proven track record.
HOW TO APPLY
The Talent Company is our recruitment partner and please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Destination Markham Corporation (DMC) is an arm’s length municipal corporation founded as the destination management organization (DMO) for the City of Markham.
Destination Markham’s purpose is to promote Markham as a remarkable destination for visitors, including tourists, sport and festival attendees, meeting, and conference delegates, and business travelers.
The key tourism objectives are to research, develop, market, and grow Markham’s tourism/visitor economy. DMC collaborates with Markham’s hotel & hospitality industry, festival-event conference-travel planners, attraction operators, cultural institutions, sports tourism promoters, entertainment and recreation providers, food service businesses and the City of Markham.