Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Event Manager | Maketing Lead
Deadline: August 23, 2022
Posted: August 9, 2022
TIAC seeks a smart, confident, task-focused, creative problem solver and experienced Event Manager with extensive knowledge of the event planning, coordination, and execution. The ideal candidate will manage all event logistics, have a Bachelor’s degree (ideally in business administration, project management or marketing), and possess 3-5 years of event management experience preferably for corporate/association based events.
Position is located in Ottawa, working a minimum of 3 days a week in the office located 116 Lisgar St, Ottawa, ON K2P 0C2.
Reporting to the Director of Events and Engagement, the Event Manager is responsible for providing administrative-level support for the Events Team at TIAC. The MARKETING LEAD will work in conjunction with the Director of Communications in executing a marketing and communication plan for all TIAC events, including copywriting, website content, social media channels, newsletter content, email campaigns, print collateral and more. For additional Team support, this position will also help with Registration and Event Planning logistics.
- Develop, update and maintain all event websites and event mobile apps. (Recommended knowledge: WordPress, HTML). Translate event website content from English to French
- Manage the Canadian Tourism Awards Event; promotion of awards, nomination and selection process, event logistics including sponsorship recognition and deliverable.
- Build, and send eblast campaigns and delegate surveys (Constant Contacts)
- Prepare social media posts and monitor event marketing schedule
- Write and adapt compelling copy to highlight event features and value for a diverse audience.
- Ensure quality and just-in-time accuracy of content, data, and translations.
- Liaise with Communications team
- develop promotional materials
- coordinate scheduling with other TIAC messaging
- ensure the uniformity of the “TIAC brand” to the highest standards.
- Drive and capture event web traffic and demographic metrics in monthly reports.
- Monitor, research, and implement trends, innovations, and best practices in web, email campaign, social media, and design.
• Following general direction from the Director of Events and Engagement, manage and execute all meeting and tradeshow requirements (venue, staging, AV, F&B, speakers, signage etc) required for multiple events. Create work-back schedules and detailed planning documents for events team.
• Prepare speakers/guests, memorandums, conference calls, travel arrangements, and transportation.
• Manage event budget and ensure cost models are on target.
• Manage execution of all sponsorship deliverables.
- Manage & maintain online registration websites and trouble-shoot/assist registrants with registration issues, agenda selection and hotel room block assignments.
- Produce attendee name badges; identify badges requiring ribbons.
- Manage attendee & guest lists, consolidate the registration records and pacing reports.
- Manage registration desk (contractors and volunteer team) during events, which includes recruitment, mandating schedules, delegating responsibilities, and ensuring professional conduct is maintained.
- Produce weekly registration reports and collaborate with other team members at TIAC to ensure all registration administration support is met.
- Ensure clear, timely and effective communication with the Director, to prioritize attention to items that will maintain and build TIAC's professional reputation among all stakeholders.
- Create, research, update and manage contacts contained in TIAC's database
- Manage all content and appointment scheduling on event software.
*All other responsibilities, special projects and administrative support as requested by VP Events and Engagement.
//QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED SKILLS
- 3-5 years of event management (meetings, events, conferences, tradeshows) preferably for corporate/association-based conferences
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Project Management and/or Digital Marketing
- Minimum of three years’ progressive digital marketing experience with copywriting and database/membership management experience.
- Full understanding of all social media platforms and evolving trends with knowledge of content management systems
- Highly developed organizational/project management skills and proven ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Microsoft Office computer skills with expertise in Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with MS Project would be an asset.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in high volume environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service with the ability to develop positive working relations across multiple business units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Preference for bilingual (French and English).
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation and reports paying attention to detail in the environment of tight timelines is required.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours periodically as required.
- Possess a positive attitude with the ability to make delegates, members and vendors feel welcome
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong level of customer service and problem solving capacity
- Professional appearance and attitude when working with industry stakeholders and members of the public service
- High level of personal integrity, honesty and dependability
- A keen interest in learning and continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Office including MS Teams and MS Project (a definite asset)
- Full time position with complete benefits package after 3-month probation period
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 1 day in lieu for each event worked
- Remote work option available, keeping office hours 830AM-5PM
- Salary - to be discussed
In addition to TIAC's advocacy efforts, the organization delivers a range of publications, research documents and tools to help its members. TIAC also produces and manages industry events such as the annual Tourism Congress, Canadian Tourism Awards, Tourism Week in Canada, Tourism Town Hall Series, Rendez-vous Canada and Member TALK, a monthly member meeting. TIAC Members enjoy exclusive event savings and benefits in addition to various opportunities and resources.
MORE ABOUT OUR EVENTS
May 30 to June 2, 2023 | Quebec City
For over 45 years, Rendez-vous Canada (RVC) has developed a reputation as Canada's premier marketplace connecting international buyers with Canadian sellers of tourism products. RVC is an important industry trade platform for Canadians to launch new tourism products, share market insights for the benefit of sellers, view other products through a competitive lens and increase the range of tourism experiences that the Canadian tourism industry has to offer. Rendez-vous Canada is a gateway to tourism experiences from every region of Canada for the travel professionals who attend this four-day event.
Tourism Congress 2022
NOV. 22-23, 2022 | The Westin Ottawa
TIAC’s Tourism Congress is the Canadian tourism industry's annual must-attend event, one of the largest gatherings for the industry each year and the only industry event attended by the full suite of sectors that make up the industry (transportation, accommodations, recreation, travel services, and food and beverage). Congress hosts more than 400 delegates from across the industry, including key decision-makers from both the private and public sectors. It presents delegates with the opportunity to network and learn alongside industry professionals from coast to coast to coast.
Canadian Tourism Awards
NOV 23. 2022 | The Westin Ottawa
The Canadian Tourism Awards are presented annually TIAC to recognize success, leadership, and innovation in Canada's tourism industry, and to reward those people, places, organizations, and events that have gone above and beyond to offer travellers superior tourism experiences in Canada. The Canadian Tourism Awards have become the standard of excellence for businesses and organizations in the travel industry, showcasing the nation's best tourism products, services, and experiences; and is presented annually at Tourism Congress 2022.
It is the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s goal to be a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Please forward resume and cover letter, along with your salary expectations and possible start date by August 23, 2022, to:
Orie Berlasso (she/her), VP Events & Engagement
Tourism Industry Association of Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.