Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Coordinator, Events and Industry Relations
Deadline: January 28, 2020
Posted: January 17, 2020
Job Description / Duties
The Tourism Industry Association of Canada is seeking a part-time Coordinator to join the events team for a 6-month term (January-June 2020).
Reporting to the Director, Member and Industry Relations, the Coordinator, Events and Industry Relations is responsible for assisting delegates with event registration and membership renewals for TIAC industry events. The role includes responding to inbound emails and calls from members and industry partners across Canada and around the world and assisting with database management and quality control of registration and member databases. The primary role of this position is to exceed customers’ expectations with a superior service experience.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to multitask, manage time, and prioritize
• Ability to work individually and as a team
• A keen interest in learning and continuous improvement of processes and systems
• Ability to analyze and solve problems, escalate as required and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Verbal and written communication skills in French would be an asset
• Flexibility and willingness to move between various shifts
• Manage inbound/outbound calls and emails with knowledge and efficiency
• Provide level 1 support to triage, troubleshoot and resolve customer inquiries and service issues
• Think fast, find answers - and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite and professional voice and manner
• Escalate calls/emails when appropriate
• Work and multi-task within multiple applications and databases
• Follow all customer care procedures, policies and communication guidelines under minimal supervision
• Participate in continuous improvements, with focus on service excellence
The application for this position should include a résumé, a cover letter outlining their qualifications and salary expectations via email to:
Director, Member and Industry Services Tourism Industry Association of Canada
600 -116 Lisgar Street
Ottawa ON K2P 0C2
TIAC wishes to thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Founded in 1930 to encourage the development of tourism in Canada, TIAC serves today as the national private-sector advocate for this $102 billion sector. Based in Ottawa, TIAC takes action on behalf of Canadian tourism businesses and promotes positive measures that help the industry grow and prosper.
TIAC is responsible for representing tourism interests at the national level, and its advocacy work involves promoting and supporting policies, programs and activities that will benefit the sector's growth and development.
TIAC's membership reflects partnerships among all sectors of the industry, and provincial, territorial and regional tourism associations, enabling the association to address the full range of issues facing Canadian tourism.