Province: Sun Peaks, British Columbia
Position: Conference Sales and Services Representative - Contract, Part Time
Deadline: January 26, 2022
Posted: January 11, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Senior Director, Market Development, the Sales Representative is responsible for soliciting group business for the Sun Peaks Centre including SMERF, MICE, Association, Weddings and 3rd Party Events. This part time contract has potential to become a full-time permanent position in the future.
The Sales Rep will work closely with the Municipal operational staff and local businesses to ensure a seamless client experience. Success for the role will be measured by the number of bookings in the Centre, resulting resort wide room nights and overall economic benefit for Sun Peaks.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality or Events
• 3+ years experience with a successful sales track record in direct sales (hotel, banquet, event sales)
• Possess an entrepreneurial mindset
• Proven ability to develop a targeted prospect database
• Thrives and is motivated by working both autonomously and in a team setting
• Proficient in using MS office software applications including MS office, Excel, Power point etc.
• Superior communications skills (written, oral, interpersonal)
• Passion and energy for the outdoor and mountain lifestyle
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work with a high level of efficiency
• Proactive and innovative in your approaches
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required, some travel may be required
• Conduct all business professionally
• Understand and support the vision of the Sun Peaks Centre
• Conduct proactive outreach to generate new leads
• Prioritize joint bids for larger groups using the Centre as additional flexible space
• Prioritize opportunities for regular scheduled, repeat group business
• Receive and manage all SPC leads, negotiate dates and rate and convert inquiries
• Manage the Booking Calendar of the Sun Peaks Centre within Tripleseat
• Oversee the complete administration and execution of all planned events
• Distribute RFP’s to the local businesses as needed including accommodation, AV, F&B etc.
• Ensure Function Sheets and floor plans are sent to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner
• Manage billing procedures, ensuring all deposits and invoices are received
• Maintain regular contact with stakeholder sales teams
• Liaise with Municipal staff related to operations
• Maintain accurate tracking and reporting
• Submit weekly sales activity reports and monthly performance reports
• Maintain and exceed sales targets
• Ensure online profiles are accurate and up to date (i.e CVENT)
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Tourism Sun Peaks is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work visas.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. *Thank you for applying however, due to the high volume of applications only those considered will be contacted.
Senior Director, Market Development
Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Association dba Tourism Sun Peaks (TSP) is a destination marketing and management organization mandated to promote the resort to the world.
Founded in 1996, TSP is a not-for-profit, membership-based organization with 1,500 members representing accommodations, attractions, restaurants, retail and homeowners.
The Sun Peaks Centre is a modest conference and events facility that opened in August 2020. The Centre includes 3 meeting rooms, a Great Hall and a covered, open air NHL size arena. The capacity inside the Centre is 240 while the arena floor could host events for over 1,700. The space complements existing meeting and event space in the Village. While it is a municipal facility, Tourism Sun Peaks oversees the sales and marketing efforts.