Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Communications Specialist
Deadline: September 2, 2022
Posted: August 17, 2022
The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC), the leading national advocacy association representing the full cross-section of Canada’s travel and tourism industry, is accepting resumes for the position of Communications Specialist for an 8-month contract, with the possibility of extension. TIAC is a not-for-profit, member-based organization that offers an inclusive and rewarding environment, engaging work, generous benefits, and a collaborative culture.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist plays a key role in achieving TIAC’s communications objectives through a broad range of tactical activities and channels. Functioning both collaboratively and independently, this team member helps to maintain the organization’s brand as a legacy, 90-year-old Canadian association by working closely with the Graphic Designer - and reporting to the Director of Communications – to fulfill the communications needs of the lines of business (Membership, Advocacy, and Events). Position is located in Ottawa. Office is a hybrid (on-site and remote) environment.
- Contribute to the development of member resources, publications, and content for the TIAC website
- Assist in the development and production of content and design materials related to communications initiatives for the lines of business
- Assist in content and design for web, social, and print media
- Create and update digital assets and databases
- Use Hootsuite to manage social media content and monitor engagement
- Provide KPI performance reports on all communications initiatives
- Administrative duties, as required
- Outstanding organizational skills
- An overall team player who is flexible and enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (and French preferably)
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
- Knowledge of Adobe design programs, video production and editing a bonus
- Proficient with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Knowledge of, and experience using, Hootsuite and WordPress
- Motivated, creative, and adaptable
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree (ideally in journalism or marketing), and possess 3-5 years of relevant communications experience, preferably at a national, membership-based association.
It is the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s goal to be a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process
Please forward resume, cover letter and portfolio along with your salary expectations and possible start date by September 2, 2022, to:
Director of Communications
Tourism Industry Association of Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.