Job Board / Opportunités d'emplois > Junior Designer & Content Creator
Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Junior Designer & Content Creator
Deadline: November 26, 2021
Posted: November 16, 2021
The Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC), the leading national advocacy association representing the full cross-section of Canada’s travel and tourism industry, is accepting resumes from dynamic candidates for the position of Designer and Content Creator for a one-year contract. TIAC is a not-for-profit, member-based organization.
Reporting to the Director, Communications & Media Relations, the Designer and Content Creator plays a key role in achieving TIAC’s communications, advocacy, events and member relation objectives through a broad range of activities, tools and channels. Functioning both collaboratively and independently, this team member helps to build TIACs brand and organizational profile through providing high impact design materials for recurring advocacy and membership initiatives as well for larger scale projects and events.
Job Description / Duties
Performs a variety:
• Development of design materials and content related to the association’s initiatives around advocacy, membership and events
• Produce designs and content for web, social and print media
• Create and update PowerPoint presentations and visuals
• Contribute to the development of publications and websites
• Participate in event planning (virtual and in person)
• Perform other duties, as required
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following abilities:
An overall team player who is flexible and enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English
• Bilingual (French) an added asset
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
• Knowledge of Adobe design programs a MUST (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
• Knowledge of video production and editing a bonus
• Proficient with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
• Knowledge of, and experience using, WordPress
• Attention to detail
• Motivated, creative and adaptable
• Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience working with tracking tools such as Smartsheet
• A university degree / college diploma in graphic design, advertising, or a related field is required.
It is the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s goal to be a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
Please forward resume, cover letter and portfolio along with your salary expectations and possible start date by November 26, 2021 to:
Tourism Industry Association of Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.