Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution of energy, service, and talent towards the growth of the Canadian tourism industry, through volunteer work, service or business accomplishments. Focusing on tourism building, the recipient demonstrates leadership, vision and innovation built on a solid foundation of strong values and sound business strategies.
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the single highest and most revered honor an individual in the travel and tourism industry can receive.
Nominees for the Lifetime Achievement Award should be individuals who have:
- Dedicated the majority of their professional career to the tourism sector.
- Made an outstanding personal contribution to the tourism sector.
- Helped to create growth in Canada’s tourism sector through innovation, astute business practices and the development of new opportunities.
- Demonstrated leadership in the industry through their engagement with tourism partners at the local, provincial and/or national levels.
- Left a positive legacy with the people with whom they have worked.
- Nominees are generally retired or in the twilight of their tourism careers.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2023