The 2012 Canadian Tourism Awards - Recipients
Twelve organizations and individuals were honoured by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) as recipients of the 2012 Canadian Tourism Awards, presented by The Toronto Star and Visa Canada.
The awards were presented at a gala ceremony at the Hilton Lac Leamy in Gatineau at the 2012 Tourism Congress.
"These outstanding organizations have demonstrated ingenuity, perseverance and determination on the path to success and are a testament to Canada's world-class tourism industry," said TIAC President and CEO David Goldstein.
"Not only have they excelled through their extraordinary vision and hard work, but these business leaders are also drivers of economic growth and job creation in Canada. The industry congratulates them on their success and on this outstanding achievement."
The 2012 recipients are:
Air Canada Business of the Year Award
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, North Vancouver, BC
Hilton Worldwide Small or Medium-sized Business of the Year Award
- Au Diable Vert, Glen Sutton, Quebec
Deloitte Innovator of the Year Award
- Nordik Spa-Nature, Chelsea, Quebec
Metro Toronto Convention Centre Event of the Year Award
- Calgary Stampede, Calgary, Alberta
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Marketing Campaign of the Year Award
- Travel Alberta - Wintersport in Alberta
WestJet Social Media Initiative of the Year Award
- Tourism Victoria - Escape Your Everyday Campaign
Parks Canada Sustainable Tourism Award
- Maple Leaf Adventures, Victoria, British Columbia
National Cultural Tourism Award
- Royal Canadian Pacific, Calgary, Alberta
CTHRC Award for Excellence in Human Resources Development
- Great Wolf Lodge, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Delta Hotels and Resorts Traveller Experience Award
- CMH Summer Adventures, Banff, Alberta
Via Rail Canada Community Service Award
- Tourism Toronto's Relax, Recharge, Renew Program, Toronto, Ontario
InterContinental Hotels Group Employee of the Year Award
- Jenny Wilkins, Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, Hamilton, Ontario
For more information, please contact:
Tourism Industry Association of Canada