Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Director, Program Development & Delivery
Deadline: September 2, 2022
Posted: August 16, 2022
Through research and collaboration, TIAC strives to provide our members with content and training relevant to help them grow and prosper. As a Director of Program Development and Delivery, you will be instrumental in making this happen by providing leadership in the development and implementation of a portfolio of programs, handling both new program development and business management responsibilities.
Full-time – Contract (8 months – with possibility of extension and permanency)
Hybrid workplace (offices based in Ottawa)
In terms of New Program Development, you will bring knowledge and expertise in adult education, curriculum design and program development to develop business development programs/courses that extend the expertise of TIAC to tourism operators and organization and align with market demands. This will lead you to:
- Stay apprised of market trends and identify and analyze data from a variety of sources to make informed recommendations on new program opportunities and new markets. You will work closely with the Director of Business Intelligence.
- Develop proposals that make a business case for new program opportunities.
- Employ a range of needs assessment strategies with a variety of stakeholders, including target audiences and industry, in developing new programs to ensure alignment with market needs.
- Identify, convene and lead program advisory committees for new program developments.
- Develop an understanding of the environment, learning styles, pedagogical needs and industry context of a variety of disciplines to develop a broad range of programs.
- Demonstrate expertise in program development and delivery.
- Employ strategies in curriculum design and development, including constructive alignment, development of effective learning outcomes and assessment techniques and tools, while applying best practices.
- Actively engage in research on pedagogical approaches and digital technologies to inform curriculum development and program design.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including TIAC members, industry partners and community members. You will work closely with the Director of Partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally with other business lines to lead the development and implementation of new courses and programs from inception to launch.
- Develop program budgets and enrolment projections.
In terms of Business Management, you will provide leadership in the delivery of a portfolio of development programs, and will be expected to:
- Develop and implement comprehensive program business plans that provide a return on investment for stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and identify areas of market growth within your portfolio of programs. Your will work closely with the VP of Business Development and Member Relations t as well the Director of Communication.
- Work with internal and external service providers
- Recruit and mentor instructors to ensure excellence in program/course delivery and alignment with adult learning principles.
- Design and implement formative and summative evaluations and recommend program/course changes to support continuous improvement.
- Maintain effective relationships with program partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities during the contract period:
- You will work closely with the Project Manager
- Lead in the co-development of a sustainability for tourism training program
- Support expert partners in the co-development of the sustainability programming for familiarization sessions, workshops, dedicated support
- Work with our Director of Business Intelligence/Data Specialist to obtain any crucial gap in research and data to support the program content
- Support and/or co-host with expert partners in the delivery of the different engagements (familiarization sessions, workshops, dedicated support)
- Lead in the co-development of a digitalization for tourism playbook
- Lead and support expert partners in the co-development of digitalization for tourism playbook
- Work with our Director of Business Intelligence/Data Specialist to obtain any crucial gap in research and data to support the playbook content
- Support and/or co-host with expert partners in the delivery of the digitalization for tourism playbook in-person and/or virtually from coast-to-coat-to-coast during a one-day regional tourism forum
- Lead in the co-development of an export readiness for tourism toolkit
- Lead and support expert partners in the co-development of an export readiness for tourism toolkit
- Work with our Director of Business Intelligence/Data Specialist to obtain any crucial gap in research and data to support the toolkit content
- Support and/or co-host with expert partners in the delivery of the export readiness for tourism toolkit in-person and/or virtually from coast-to-coat-to-coast during a one-day regional tourism forum
- Lead in the co-development of programming for TIAC-led events, some existing and some new: annual congress (virtual programming), tourism regional town halls and best practice mission, tourism investor forum, tourism virtual job fair.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Meeting the expectations of the role of Director, Program Development & Delivery, calls for a creative, innovative and enthusiastic leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working both independently and as part of a team, and has a profile that includes:
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field and several years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (7+ years).
- Experience in a business environment (member-centered would be an asset) at a decision-making level, with the ability to take a leadership role in program development, implementation and evaluation.
- adult learning principles, practices and programming;
- curriculum design and development;
- digital pedagogies;
- program design and evaluation;
- stakeholder relationship building and engagement;
- budgeting, and financial management;
- meeting facilitation and presentation;
- written and oral communication, in both English and French;
- grant and proposal writing;
- organizational, project, and time management;
- data analysis and decision-making;
- negotiation; and
- Experience with CRM and Office 365 apps
It is the Tourism Industry Association of Canada’s goal to be a welcoming, inclusive, accessible, and diverse organization for all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and, therefore, we actively seek to recruit candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community and persons with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process
Please forward resume and cover letter, along with your salary expectations and possible start date by September 2, 2022, to:
Connie Trombino (she/her), Project Manager
Tourism Industry Association of Canada